No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Amber glasses (moved from topic below shot glasses)  (Read 981 times)

Offline christranslates

• Members
Amber glasses (moved from topic below shot glasses)
« on: April 07, 2008, 04:48:02 PM »
These glasses are varying heights (heights listed under photos) and are couple of them are marked ENGLAND on the bottom, although the rest are unmarked. Can anyone identify them please?
Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pinky

• Members
Re: Amber glasses (moved from topic below shot glasses)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:42:52 PM »
......hoping not to be a shot in the dark (pardon the pun) - the glasses above I don't think are Whitefriars M60. The shape of these differ from the ones in the previous post - the WF taper in a bit at the base casing so the curvature from rim to base isn't a smooth arc - the ones pictured here have an uninterrupted curvature from rim to base. They also don't look to be the right shade of amber being very much darker and browner than the M60 pictured in the previous message. It would be interesting to see a clearer picture of the bases. PinkyX

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »
Yes the pink one is correct these are nothing like the two M60s wrong shape and colour.JP

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline christranslates

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 06:11:54 PM »
While I was messing about with photos I see JP has replied for me, these are nothing like the two he identified as WF. Here are two more photos Pinky and you can clearly see the ENGLAND mark on the middle one.  :)
Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand