No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stuart/Waterford confused..Iam. Help please  (Read 679 times)

Offline Pat

• Members
Stuart/Waterford confused..Iam. Help please
« on: October 19, 2008, 03:25:40 PM »
I bought a beautiful set of wine glasses this morning. They are all etched Stuart Crystal on the bottoms. They came in large six sided Stuart Crystal box made to fit. I went looking for the pattern on ebay and replacements and the Stuart Factory shop and could not find it. Then hubby said the label is on the bottom of the box, it says Symphony. Now they are not the Symphony on Replacement.com nor the new Symphony being sold on Ebay. The label also says Made In Ireland. So are these made at the Waterford Factory and why can't I find the pattern? I myself am very confused.
No retreat, No surrender.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Stuart/Waterford confused..Iam. Help please
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 03:37:29 PM »
Probably just in the wrong box. It is remarkably common to find boxes that do not match the content. The previous owners just packed it into a suitable box.

Just looked on eBay and saw 2 completely different patterns offered as symphony.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Pat

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 03:46:48 PM »
I realise that Frank but I can't find the pattern anywhere under any name. Also these glasses have never been used and are a perfect fit in the box. Don't really care about the box just want to know what pattern I've got really and also is all Stuart being made in Ireland or elsewhere or what?
No retreat, No surrender.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 03:59:37 PM »
Not sure who owns the Stuart name now, likely Waterford. You could ask them. Names do get re-used too.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand