No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help please New Photo's Sklo Borske???  (Read 901 times)

Offline sueglass

• Members
Help please New Photo's Sklo Borske???
« on: May 02, 2009, 11:42:21 PM »
Put this on about a year ago or more  I have now taken a photo of the base and it looks like the bottom of a nemo, never could get rid of it (the vase) as loved it taken new photos of it now. Base is very much like the ball vases, not sure about the colour though, it is turquoise

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Help please New Photo's Sklo Borske???
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 02:30:31 PM »
This optical decorating seems to be to crude and shape of vase to simple for Borské sklo - but it can be a vase from set 55184 from 1958.
To be absolutely sure I must find it and confirm in catalogue.

Suprisinly I found in Whitefriars book that very simmilar optical decorating was applied by Powell on the beginning last century (Lesley Jackson  - Whitefriars Glass ISBN 0 903685 40X - reprinted 2004 - page 114-115.

Jindrich

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline sueglass

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 10:57:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply Jindrich. Whitefriars was mentioned to me before by Pip but could find nothing on the WF site for it and lost my Lesley Whitefriars book a couple of years ago, Frank Thrower was also cast as a possibility. If you could confirm that would be great, thanks, Sue.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 02:45:03 AM »
Hi Sue,
unfortunately I have only one Whitefriars book as mentioned and my knowledge is in British glass very limited.
I will check the Czech path....

Jindrich

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand