No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium Glass Candlestick  (Read 800 times)

Offline auliya

• Members
Uranium Glass Candlestick
« on: May 11, 2009, 06:15:07 AM »
Hi,
I was hoping that someone may be able to help me identify this uranium glass candlestick. It stands 8 inches high, is quite heavy and has a number of bubbles in the glass from manufacture. The green is a really "blue" green, as opposed to a "yellow" green. I have seen a Bagley Equinox vase in a similar colour, but can't find any reference to a candlestick like this attributed to Bagley. Any ideas much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
auliya

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Uranium Glass Candlestick
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 06:33:01 AM »
I can't find it in my book, but it's not Bagley. It's too early for a start. Bagley only made bottles until 1912 and this is 1880/90s. A guess would be Percival Vickers or one of the other Lancashire glass houses, they seem to have favoured that lovely bluish green. I am  :mrgreen: Out of interest can you weigh it for me please.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline auliya

• Members
Re: Uranium Glass Candlestick
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 07:39:20 AM »
Thanks Christine. It weighs approx 500gs (16 oz)
cheers
auliya

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand