No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Huge Bohemian?? Acid Cut Back vase. ID Help Please  (Read 593 times)

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Huge Bohemian?? Acid Cut Back vase. ID Help Please
« on: June 01, 2009, 03:17:13 PM »
I apologize for the quality of the images, but all I had with me was my phone...  I can go back for better images if it is needed. This piece is in a local antique mall. The gold area of the vase is actually raised slightly from the body of the vase. The green areas appear to have been cut back using an acid method. The gold on the raised areas appears to be gilt, as there is no discoloration at all. It has a rough pontil, and appears to have some age to it....  It is huge!!!  I did not have a tape measure with me, but I would put the height at about 30" (76cm). Anyone have any ideas as to company....  It has a Bohemian feel to it... but I am certainly open to suggestions....

TIA   Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand