No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Eickholt signature variations  (Read 12735 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Eickholt signature variations
« on: June 17, 2009, 12:38:49 PM »
Hi there
another one from the boxes and boxes of unknown!! This weight has a really unusual looking design and its really hard to describe what its like it has a mixed shades of blue centre which has groves running through almost loike hot water run through wax making little channels and leaving some bits higher (that really makes no sense unless you can see the weight  :o) then cased in clear glass.
The weight is signed to the base it looks like cidiy or Sidey 1987
does anybody know the signiature or could make a guess at who it may be?
many thanks
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline m1asmithw8s

• Members
    • http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/m1asmith/
Re: Does anybody know this signiature cidiy ??? unusual design
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 01:30:58 PM »
That looks like a sloppy  Eickholt  signature  and certainly looks like the work of his glass house.

Robert Eickholt runs the operation & has several gaffers making weights in Ohio.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:53:58 PM »
hiya thanks for that, i see what you mean, ive just found this on ebay which is very very similar to mine, but the signiature is quite different. but looking at a couple more the signiature does seem to change dramatically from one to the next. there website say "Each piece is unique, created, signed and dated by a professional artist" so this may explain the difference with the signiature
thanks for the nudge in the right direction (well it would appear the right direction i should say  ;D)
michelle

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 06:52:10 AM »
hi, could it be siddy langley??

Offline m1asmithw8s

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 08:46:52 AM »
Nahh..

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 10:53:32 AM »
Hi there
the link below is to a paperweight with a very very similar design the shape is different and there signiature is much clearer but the colouring and style are the same as mine so im preety certain that m1asmithw8s was right with there guess
michelle

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-Richard-Eickholt-Art-Glass-Paperweight_W0QQitemZ200352521472QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea5f0dd00&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 03:01:30 PM »
I'm afraid that I respectfully disagree that the signature is Eickholt. I have never had even the slightest difficulity reading Robert Eickholt's (not Richard as in the eBay ad...you would think they would know what they are selling) signature & I've seen literally hundreds of his pieces during the past 20 years here in Columbus, Ohio. The Town Street studio closed in late November 2008 & the number of pieces available here in Columbus since the closing are staggering...every shop/antique mall has them in the central Ohio area. Ken

Offline m1asmithw8s

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 05:49:12 PM »
Yup

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 08:23:21 PM »
I suggect you go back to eBay & actually look at a real Eickholt Script signature (there are plenty on them) which has remained unchanged for as long as he was in business at the Town Street studio. You can actually read his signature & that happens to be one of his trademarks...a very legible signature. Just because an eBay seller makes a scribble beginning with the letter E  to be Eickholt means nothing. That design could be from any number of private studios like Robert's, but that script? signature is nothing like a legit Robert Eickholt signature. In fairness I will have to say that if someone was 2X over the legal limit while blowing that it is possible they signed this before passing out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand