No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: large heavy, cut glass vase signed LA FRAND? FRIAND? and numbered  (Read 717 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Hi there
another one, this one was picked up today, just need a little help with sig and number. when i first picked it up i thought it said LA ' FRANCE (the scan looks like ZA but i think this is just a scratch) but on closer inspection there is no E and the C looks a little odd infact it may even be a D and there maybe and I after the R ?? FRIAND ?? looking at the scan i think the I is a scratch and the end is a C.
There is also some numbers possibly letters that look like 2d2/79 maybe a U or 29 at the end, it does have quite alot of wear to the base and some of the letters numbers may well just be scratches..
The vase has unfortunitly got considerably blooming (any good tips on getting this out without having to pay a professional)
The vase reminds me of Stromberg or something scandi, its a good quality piece, 24cms tall, 10.5cms at its widest, 5.5cms deep and weighs 1.1kgs. It has cuts running up each of the 4 corner. The base has a ground & polished concave pontil and the rim is rounded not cut or polished
Any ideas on an ID??
many thanks
in advance
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: large heavy, cut glass vase signed LA FRAND? FRIAND? and numbered
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 10:48:32 AM »
La France? but the sig looks rather scratchy for what looks like factory output... possible it is an addition but that seems pointless for such a piece.

80's perhaps?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: large heavy, cut glass vase signed LA FRAND? FRIAND? and numbered
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 03:31:31 PM »
Unfortunately there's no way to remove water bloom at home  :cry:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia