No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Amethyst bowl + bubbles and pointy feet - ID=Stevens & Williams / Royal Brierley  (Read 5974 times)

Offline keith

• Members
That looks right to me, I looked on google maps and realised the sign is on a railway cutting, might be a bit of a pig getting my hands on that ! not sure the archives are interested in old signs  ::) ;D ;D

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Thanks Keith, I am 99% sure the lid is an imposter! :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Thanks for having a look at the bowl , it must be a variant on the same theme I guess.

The archives department might suggest a good resting place for it  ;D
Mike

Offline keith

• Members
It would look nice in my back garden but that fence looks a bit dangerous ! :o ;D ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Keith you mentioned previously in this thread that you saw photos of the 'Rainbow' range.  Was it actually called Rainbow anywhere on documentation please?
Thanks
m

Offline keith

• Members
Sorry m, it was just a a pack of photographs with S & W written on the back, a lot of archive material had been returned to the family, no idea why  ??? ;D ;D

Offline nigel benson

• Author
  • Members
  • British glass 1870-1980
    • British glass 1870-1980
    • http://www.20thcentury-glass.org.uk
The family had quite possibly loaned the material.

If not,several years ago I know that there was talk of a book about S&W, so it might have been returned for help with that.

However, don't get excited, as these things do take time, and it could of course just have been a rumour!!

Nigel

Offline keith

• Members
Strange you say that, while at the Webb Corbett visitor centre someone told me David Williams-Thomas was very busy with the family history so the rumour may not be a rumour, ::) ;D ;D

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
So still no confirmation that the 'Rainbow' range is an official pattern name?  (this is in reference to another thread about the use of the name arabesque and arboresque).
m

Offline keith

• Members
I'll email Mr Williams-Thomas and ask if he knows, although he didn't answer my last one so we'll have to wait and see  ::) ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand