No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: NEGC?  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Rocksmom

• Members
NEGC?
« on: September 02, 2009, 05:36:50 AM »
For the 5th time, sigh, I'm typing this AGAIN!  I can't seem to get this to post so fingers crossed, it'll work this time.

My photos are too big, apparently, so please look at the 2 pictures of my newest weight in this Picasa web album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/AndreasSnaps/Paperweights?authkey=Gv1sRgCLKx08v_kPXvMA#

I think it's a nEGC, but the concave base is wider & shallower than my other NEGC's, plus the leaves are more like antique Saint Louis according to the George Kulles book on Identifying Antique Paperweights, although their scale & placement look like NEGC to me.  What do you think?  Also, I'm on the fence about having it polished.  The scratches are not deep and are pretty much just right on top.  Any suggestions? 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
Re: NEGC?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:34:38 PM »
Get it polished by someone who knows how to restore paperweights.  No reason to hesitate.  It is definitely a NEGC.

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Rocksmom

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 01:42:40 AM »
Glad to know I was right about this weight.  I got it for $4.  Yup.  Four dollars.  I had a Clichy and a Dupont weight polished several years ago, I think it was Ed Poore who polished them.  He did a brilliant job of it, but I no longer have his contact information. 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Nicholas.

• Members
  • nicholaschwartz@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 02:48:18 PM »
Very nice weight!! Congratulations!

Here is one of Ed Poore's email addresses;

crystalworkshop AT comcast.net

if this doesn't work then here is another;

vze2yn8m AT verizon.net

Nicholas.

Moderator: email addresses munged to protect them from spam harvesters, in line with Board Policy. To use please change AT to @ and close up the spaces.
Nicholas

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand