No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano flowers  (Read 1101 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
Murano flowers
« on: September 23, 2009, 07:28:59 AM »

The asking price of this item suggests rarity, but I think I have seen quite a few of these around. I guess the seller is assuming anything from Venice should be expensive.

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Re: Murano flowers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 02:06:05 PM »
It seems some sellers on ebay just make up a price and cross their fingers....  There is a gal in Florida that lists a Beranek vase for around $900 and they pretty typically go for $50-100

I think sometimes people do it to make themselves feel good about what they own....  There used to be a guy in Kentucky that listed tons of Deco pieces from his collection. Prices were so outrageously high it was hysterical. He never sold a piece, but must have spent hundred and hundreds of dollars on listing fees over months and months of listing them....   :spls:

Go Figure!! 

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glasstrufflehunter

• Members
    • My Yahoo 360 page & Paperweight Blog
Re: Murano flowers
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 04:35:47 PM »
I've seen quite a few wishful prices in Murano glass in the last year.

I think I paid $5 for my weight like that. :)
I collect Scottish and Italian paperweights and anything else that strikes my fancy.

My Paperweight Blog

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand