No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano pitcher in pink?  (Read 795 times)

Offline Margi

• Members
Murano pitcher in pink?
« on: September 30, 2009, 03:09:13 PM »
Hello all I have been to a second hand furniture shop today and in there was what appeared to be a Murano pitcher, a smallish one though).  Here is a link of the same shape http://www.tias.com/4626/PictPage/1922643918.html  which I located on google.  The one I saw was in pinky lilac and without the cameo.  It was 35 euro so as I am fast becoming rather acquainted with china I thought I would check with the help of yourselves whether it would have been a copy or the genuine thing.  I would have taken a pic of it but typically I did not have my phone with me  :-\

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Murano pitcher in pink?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »
My reaction would be...

...China or Eastern Europe.

WHat cameo?!!! Those look like not very good millefiore canes to me

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »
Relief pleased I didn't buy it.  I have a rule with myself but it doesn't always work, it is if I have to think really hard about it I do not allow myself to purchase it.

Offline Tinker-Taylor

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 05:43:18 PM »
I (try) to do the same thing Margi.

I have seen some millefiori painted onto the outside of an item today.  I couldn't believe what I was looking at, because they were really convincing.  Made me feel a bit ill.   :mrgreen:

Stuart & Emma Taylor.
(ebay ID: tinker-taylor-glass)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »
I have a rule with myself but it doesn't always work, it is if I have to think really hard about it I do not allow myself to purchase it.

For pure self protection I suggest you get a little tougher with yourself. I would not allow myself to purchase anything that I do not know, for instance, or that I need 100% certainty that it can make at least three times the purchase price...

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 06:39:07 PM »
Thanks for the advice Ivo.  I was tough on myself today and didn't purchase it, there were also some great art deco light fightings that I had to pull myself away from.  All the items of glass that I have are for my own home and therefore not at all concerned about making money.  Having said that as the wedding grows nearer I am sure I will have to part with a few if not most but at least with the help from yourself and many others on here I know that I shall be attributing correctly and not ripping people off like many do here at the brocantes.
Thanks again all  :-*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand