No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: swan - ID = Whitefriars  (Read 1830 times)

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: swan - ID = Whitefriars
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 03:13:38 PM »

I've never seen those colours together before Emmi...wonderfully subtle aren't they?  HiClap

Yes they are.  Unfortunately I haven't got a Twilight one at the moment( must buy one) otherwise I would have put that in too. The Silver and Twilight are often mistaken, in fact I bought the Silver one wrongly described as Twilight ( but I could see it was Silver) LOL!!!  Both those colours are really hard to get looking right in photos.  Silver is just "grey"  Twilight has a brown/green tinge, and Silver is often described as Pewter, but Whitefriars swans were not made in Pewter.  

All very confusing!!!

Emmi

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »
My first thought was silver but i didnt like to commit as i am not good with colours

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 02:46:32 AM »
I've been thinking of selling my swans, but the colours are so intimidating! I *think* I have a sky blue 6" and a saphire 10", an old bristol blue coloured one 8", along with the usual flotilla of arctic blues.

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 07:22:54 AM »
Cathy, it won't be a 'Sky Blue' 6 inch, unless it's an EARLY Sky Blue - a very turquoise-y 'Mediterranean' sky!  The FLC (Full Lead Crystal) Sky Blue ones were the later, footed swans which are all nominally 8 inches. These in FLC Sky Blue are very sought-after and are VERY (3 figures!) expensive!  :o 

However, if your 6 inch swan IS an early Sky Blue, please sell it .... to me!  >:D  :chky:  (deadly serious, actually  :-* ) These are amongst the MOST rare, and I (and indeed any swan collector) would pay very well indeed for one!  :D  ;)

The Sapphire 10 inch should fetch a reasonable price, as there are fewer of these around - far more 8 inch ones available.  The 8 inch 'Bristol Blue' one will be the Whitefriars colour known as 'Sanctuary Blue' and should also fetch a very GOOD price, as they are also quite rare!  And as for your flotilla of Arctic Blue ones, remember that if you have any 6 inch and 10 inch ones, they will be slightly more desirable than the 8 inch ones, because the large and small ones were discontinued earlier.   

Hope this helps.  Please feel free to contact me if you need any more info  ;) 
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 08:02:58 AM »
I cant bring myself to sell my Swans they are so undervalued and yet so beautiful . jp  :spls:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand