No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Clear Cut & Beveled Cube Paperweight - Any Ideas??  (Read 1234 times)

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Clear Cut & Beveled Cube Paperweight - Any Ideas??
« on: October 21, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
I know that a piece like this will be nearly, if not completely impossible to attribute. I am simply interested in any thoughts people may have as to origin, age, etc.  I Have had it for a a few years.  It came from a box that had been packed away in the 60's from the hoarders estate I was involved in auctioning. It measures approx 2.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches.

Pics do not do it justice... it was very hard to get a decent image of it. The glass is much clearer than it appears in the images and does not have a yellow tint to it.

This is not really my area at all, so I am looking for even the most basic info....

TIA  Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline k9crystal

• Members
Re: Clear Cut & Beveled Cube Paperweight - Any Ideas??
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 04:26:31 AM »
it's be Beveled Cube paperweight ,and it's should be the size about 65mm*65mm*65mm (as it's made by all handle ,so the size only maintain in about 2.5" ,it's made by K9crystal item ,it's be kind of a glass .very cheap item .produce from our here ,

and the picture is kind of yellow it's not be photo's reason ,but it's real kind of yellow ,as this optical glass will change colors after long time ,special you put it under the sunshining ,a short time will be changed ,but if the quality of k9crystal be good ,then long time will no change of the colors of course can't put it under sunlight ,i think this item no be keeped good .
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm from china and do this filed ,if you are interesting it ,pls login our website to find more products ,thks .

www.k9crystal.com

Equipped with a very creative design and product development team as well as mana-gement expertise, we have gained a worldwide recognition of excellent customer service, fashionable designs and high product quality.Knine develops more than a thousand kinds of crystal products, ranging from Blank crystal , jade glass,award , trophies, access-ories, jewelry & pendants, 3D internally laser engraved crystals, ashtrays, crystal animal miniature, paperweight, , etc.

Equiry&Information
Info@k9crystal.com
Request A Catalogue
K9crystal@k9crystal.com
Design Department:
drawing@k9crystal.com
Sales department:
sales@k9crystal.com
Managing Director:
Alex@k9crystal.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Clear Cut & Beveled Cube Paperweight - Any Ideas??
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »
Good to have feedback from a Chinese glass business - you guys are producing a lot but finding out who made what is a major problem for collectors in the West.

This type of weight is also often found in catalogues of giftware companies over a long period.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand