No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Little vinegarettes  (Read 669 times)

Offline Margi

• Members
Little vinegarettes
« on: November 23, 2009, 01:42:48 PM »
Hello all, Is it possible someone could kindly advise a rough age for these little what I think are little vinegarettes.  They don't have any numbers on the bases or stoppers.  Lots of wear on the stoppers and on the inside of the bottles where the stoppers sit.  The stoppers have a flat edge the rest curved.  Broken pontils.  One stands 12cm tall with stopper the other 14cm.  One has a couple of dimples in the body, cannot feel but can see.
Many thanks

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Little vinegarettes
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 01:53:43 PM »
I'd have thought these were more for oil(olive) etc...vinegarettes to my,limited,knowledge are small silver boxes,couldn't put an age to them,sorry,Keith

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 02:10:23 PM »
I shall confess why I called them vinegarettes Keith, I keep forgetting English words and that was the closest I could think of  :24:

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 03:54:12 PM »
Your English is a LOT better than my French(me English no so good),it is possible that they may have contained just about anything,Keith.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 04:28:39 PM »
I think they could have too Keith but they do look like they should be on a nicely laid table.  I think they are nice quality items and are definately going to be put away for when I am gone - ooooo how morbid  :24: but you know what I mean.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand