No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lalique frosted Bear? Maybe not  (Read 769 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Lalique frosted Bear? Maybe not
« on: December 10, 2009, 10:07:18 PM »
Just noticed this listing and these bears seem a long way from home.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FROSTED-GLASS-DISH-MOULDED-R-LALIQUE-MARK_W0QQitemZ320457630533QQihZ011QQcmdZViewItem

Looks very much like (OK it is) a design by Karel Zentner for Libochovice, so they speak Czech not French, see page 19 of Sklo Union Art Before Industry by Marcus Newhall.

Or did Rene make copies! :chky:

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Online Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Lalique frosted Bear? Maybe not
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 11:14:40 PM »
Oh dear - I wonder how the signature has been added, it looks quite messy? I've seen a lot of Schlevogt/ Desna items with sandblasted Lalique marks before, as well as a fake moulded mark on a Consolidated glass plate which had been built up out of some kind of resin. Never seen a Lalique mark on a Libochovice item before though...

Here's another piece of 'Lalique' I spotted recently: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400088377550 the idiot who dremelled this once beautiful Jobling Jardiniere has even managed to spell 'France' incorrectly.....

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand