No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: BLUE FRILLED VASE/GOBLET WITH FUSED SILVER????  (Read 443 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
BLUE FRILLED VASE/GOBLET WITH FUSED SILVER????
« on: February 16, 2010, 12:02:33 AM »
A very unusual vase/goblet.  It measures 15cm in height. 13cm dia. at the top.  The base dia. 6.9cm.  The stem measures 4.2cm.  Within the vase is a smooth surface and on the outside of the vase is rough to touch and looks frosted.  The stem is a mat dark blue finish but when held up to light becomes the same colour as the top of the vase.  Around 30% of the cup of the vase has some sort of fused silver around it.  The silver is solid.  Around the top of the stand is also the same.  The silver is all over the base of the vase.  There is rather a large pontil that measures 6cm in dia.  Within the centre of the base the silver becomes soft to touch and feels like silver foil.  There are parts that seem to have air pockets.  I have been tempted to press this in but think I would cause damage, especially as I know nothing about this particular piece.  I have tried to give as much information as possible and hope someone will be able to identify this piece with a view to obtaining the originator and age.  Kind Regards

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand