No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Massive crystal barrel 5kgs, with disc and star cuts, quality piece  (Read 563 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album

Hi all
I know crystal if not marked is notoriously hard to put a name to, but I was hoping somebody may recognise the pattern certainly not one ive been able to pin down.
I would presume it should have had a lid, but there is no sign of one being on there no marks at all, (always possible it was smashed on the way home from the shop when bought new :o, although at £4 I couldn't refuse, poor old Jon had to carry it back to the car ;D)
It is a whopper at just short of 5kg in weight, 22cms in diameter, 16cms tall and the glass is just over 1cm thick on the walls.
Very nice quality piece.
can anybody offer any info on it, ive checked through quite a few replacement crystal sites, plus some other site and so far nothing
many thanks
Michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Andy

• Members
Re: Massive crystal barrel 5kgs, with disc and star cuts, quality piece
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:25:37 AM »
Maybe an Ice bucket? Nice, no idea who or where though, could be British, doesnt look like Bohemian Cutting.

Just my thoughts ;D
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Massive crystal barrel 5kgs, with disc and star cuts, quality piece
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 02:14:37 PM »
Cheers Andy, good idea with the Ice bucket could easy get 4 cans of carling in there  ;D, I lean towards British too
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand