No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hoping for WMF,let me down gently..... ID = confirmed to be WMF  (Read 1251 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Hoping for WMF,let me down gently..... ID = confirmed to be WMF
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 01:14:24 PM »
Many thanks Ivo;Jazz you said it was WMF and Ivo confirmed,so no head hanging required,ta to all replies,
                                                                                                                       Keith.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

jazimmons

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 01:17:31 PM »
My head is again raised. Thankx.  Was'nt sure for I posted my own before your metal marks appeared.  All's well that ends well, eh! Jazz

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 04:22:08 PM »
Ivo;had a closer look at the mark and it is different to the one you pointed out,mine lacks the horizontal lines above the image but have found a site showing one like mine which dates it to after 1910,as did yours,with marks this small I saw an advert recently for a computer microscope which plugs into the usb port,might prove useful in cases like this,Maplins I think it was,

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 06:18:02 PM »
Not sure that will do you much good - you cannot point a microscope, you'd get more mileage out of an SLR with a good macro lens. In any case, there is no doubt that this is a piece of WMF whichever variant of the Ostrich mark they used - and there are dozens.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand