No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Red vase, red inney outey vase and a purple vase?  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Red vase, red inney outey vase and a purple vase?
« on: November 23, 2005, 08:00:56 PM »
I've no idea what these are.

There are lots of random bubbles in this one
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/Picture%20761.jpg

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/Picture%20759.jpg

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/Picture%20888.jpg

Any comments that make billions of pounds for me very much welcome. If only.  :lol:
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 08:36:29 PM »
:shock:  :shock:  :shock: One's inney outey and the other's outey inney!   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Love the colours!     8)

Look Scandi to me, but what do I know? :roll:

Sorry, my comments are unlikely to make you any money, so are probably unwelcome, from the jist of your message  :lol:
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 09:04:29 PM »
I've got the second one in green and think Riihimäen Lasi - I'm just waiting for someone to write the book to confirm that.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 10:01:48 PM »
I wouldn't have immediately pegged that vase as Riihimaen.  It looks a bit brownish, and the base casing looks slightly wonky.  It could be the photograph though?    :?  The shape is good though, although I haven't seen it before.

Have you reached the end of your stuff yet Tiger?  Where do you put it all??  :shock:  :D
I am not a man

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 10:24:02 PM »
#1 Thinner glass ? no casing, funky shape ....Italian ?

#2 My favourite ...sexy... I think I might have it's cousin ...and a German company beginning with D is trying to come to mind ...Duisberg ??

#3 The amthyst look a bit stange under house lights ...in daylight I'm think could be Caithness .... 1970s..........Domhnall O'Broin ?
Pete

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 11:52:25 PM »
Quote from: "Max"
I wouldn't have immediately pegged that vase as Riihimaen.  It looks a bit brownish, and the base casing looks slightly wonky.  It could be the photograph though?    :?  The shape is good though, although I haven't seen it before.

Have you reached the end of your stuff yet Tiger?  Where do you put it all??  :shock:  :D

Hold on while I move this vase out of the way...

... that's better.

I'm putting it all on an Antique stall this Sunday, wish me luck.  :)

The first vase is as thick as the rest and it gets a bit thicker towards the base but not as much as the other ones. It's not cased but it does have that orange fault on the rim that I sometimes see in ruby glass.

Yes, the second one has a slightly wonkey base casing. I will compare the colours tommorow as I need some sleep now.

I will also compare the third one with my amethyst Caithness vase.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 11:27:58 AM »
Unknown, Riihimaki and unknown.

As Max said, the vase on the right has a brown tint.

Notice the orange colour on the inside of the Riihimaki vase, this colour is more red than orange when viewed from the side (2 layers of glass). Of all the red vases I have this only happens with Riihimaki.

Caithness and unknown

As Paradisetrader said, the unknown vase has a Caithness colour.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand