No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: A few to ponder on...  (Read 686 times)

Offline haggishunter

• Members
A few to ponder on...
« on: May 07, 2010, 09:02:25 PM »
Hi there, i came across this great website when i was trying to identify some glassware i was going to put up for sale. I dont know much at all about the subject. I only started collecting them because i was attracted to variety of shapes and colours and seemed to notice pieces everywhere i went. But now i must part way with them due to lack of space and mostly an upcoming holiday needs funds. I would really appreciate if anyone could identify any of the items i have.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: A few to ponder on...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 11:54:20 PM »
Welcome to the board. Just to keep you on the right track, can I ask that you only post one item per topic please? Otherwise we get mixed up with what we're discussing.

Also, subject lines are important here as without them your topic won't show up easily in a search of the board, so make sure you have a good descriptive subject and one item per topic and we'll try and help. :)

Oh, and one other thing: items for sale mustn't be promoted in any forum other than the Market Place - if you promote them (even incidentally) in another forum the whole topic will end up being moved the Market Place without notice!

You might find our Intro topic useful to read as well:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6521.0.html - we have lots of handy tips and info in the Help forum here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,22.0.html but feel free to ask for help if you get stuck with anything.  :thup:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 12:03:56 PM »
Hi, I think your 1st bowl, the pink and clear cased one, is by Chribska Glass (Bohemian/Czech).  You can see many similar bowls on Jindrich's excellent site here.  Have a look at the Chribska catalogue links on the left menu.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline haggishunter

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 12:48:41 PM »
Welcome to the board. Just to keep you on the right track, can I ask that you only post one item per topic please? Otherwise we get mixed up with what we're discussing.

Also, subject lines are important here as without them your topic won't show up easily in a search of the board, so make sure you have a good descriptive subject and one item per topic and we'll try and help. :)

Oh, and one other thing: items for sale mustn't be promoted in any forum other than the Market Place - if you promote them (even incidentally) in another forum the whole topic will end up being moved the Market Place without notice!

You might find our Intro topic useful to read as well:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6521.0.html - we have lots of handy tips and info in the Help forum here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,22.0.html but feel free to ask for help if you get stuck with anything.  :thup:

Hi Anne, i do apologise for the problems. I did have a look at the guild lines, but i must of  forgot a few of the rules. In my defence it was late when i found the site lol. I will try and be more respectful of the rules in future. Thanks for the advice.

Hi, I think your 1st bowl, the pink and clear cased one, is by Chribska Glass (Bohemian/Czech).  You can see many similar bowls on Jindrich's excellent site here.  Have a look at the Chribska catalogue links on the left menu.

I have seen a few Chribska bowls that are very, very similar. There isn't a label but i am convinced it is. Thanks

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand