No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ~ ~ *MY* Recycled Glass Purchase ~ ~  (Read 1174 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
~ ~ *MY* Recycled Glass Purchase ~ ~
« on: May 14, 2010, 06:44:42 AM »
Don't anyone faint here....

I just bought this from a Lady that makes these for $ 30.  I got mine for $25.  It is all held together with construction glue like they use to glue Square Glass Blocks together.  The top Bowl is NOT glued on because this way you can use it many different ways: (a) a bird bath, (b) a fountain, (c) Use it as a little table without the bowl, (d) just as a decorative yard art item.

I LOVE IT!!!

I have the same top serving tray (here, still safe and sound -- Whew) which I think is American Glass.  Some of the larger vases look like either HOOSIER GLASS VASES, OR E.O. BRODY GLASS.  I have some pieces like this because I have collected some of those.  Have to play a game here - NAME THE GLASS. 

I just could not resist buying one of these -- as a * CLASSY GLASSY * Person.

I am proud to display in my yard as a Glass Person.  I am glad these glass items have been recycled into something wonderful, and I think it is a *crafty* work of art.  That Green thing in the Middle is a Glass Frog, if you can see it (I hope this was OK to post here...if it needs to move to the Cafe, that is OK.)  Just thought people would/might want to see it.  After all, it is recycled stuff - but I guess Now -- also a piece of *ART* now  (Studio Art...LOL).

So now then -- Which one of you are going to start making these for the Cambridge Glass Show next year.  I am sure they WOULD be a Hit with all Glass Persons.

"Hm-m-m-m-m.....Only available in Canada......" (Red Rose Tea Commercial Spoof) 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUnbJAWk6gM

:hiclp: LOL, but I love this item I just got.... :thup:

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: ~ ~ *MY* Recycled Glass Purchase ~ ~
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 07:22:07 PM »
 :hiclp:  is that a glass frog there?  To me, a glass frog is something used to hold flowers in position...but yours seems more like an actual amphibian!  :hiclp:

I have to say it's not really my cuppa tea, but quite how the lady can sell them for $25, I just don't know!  Seems very cheap to me!  :thup: I do hope she doesn't use anything too valuable for glueing by mistake!    :o :o :)

I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 07:57:53 PM »
lol....
Yea, I know she bought the glass stuff for .50 cent or a $1.00 here and there.  But with any Craft - you end up paying to the time that they spent making it.  It is quite tall, and comes up a bit higher than my waist.  i just wanted it, and I am using it in my yard..

Don't worry -- I asked *IF* she was using any other types of glass.....and you might :thud: here, as she did have one that had few pieces of Uranium glass on one before.  But being the *trooper* I am, I said "Don't" and offered to buy any pieces she had left.  She said that she only had a pieces (4) pieces and that she had used them ..:::shock:::..  and I told her not too, and IF she finds any of those -- I will buy them from her.

She lives out of town - and says she is just too busy to keep doing it -- so she is only making 2 more for people - then retiring out of it (WHEW)...

I still like it....
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 07:59:52 PM »
Wow Rose thats a stunner I'd love to watch the birds bathe in it!!!

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 10:17:28 PM »
Maybe Christine (Lustroustone) would like one of these made birdbaths in uranium glass, then with a UV light, she can watch the birds bathe at night!  Hold on...that's doesn't make any sense.... 

:::realises it's probably time for bed::::   ;) :D

I am not a man

Offline kazleeb

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 10:54:39 PM »
i like it,would love one but birds dont come to me any more my dogs catch them,kaz

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 04:09:44 PM »
You wouldn't like to see my birdbath after the birds have been in it!!

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 10:49:56 AM »
Reminds me of the work of Neil Roberts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia