No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: This is too frustrating  (Read 695 times)

Offline uraniumsteve

• Members
This is too frustrating
« on: June 01, 2010, 04:14:56 PM »
Hello
The internet is an amazing tool but its true you can have too much of a good thing. Trying to find who made what when is very frustrating,but also amusing when you find yourself reading about subjects that were typed 7 years ago from people I find give me the answers on here today. I suppose its all about experience at the end of the day. Anyway I am rambling, of all the items I purchased last weekend I have one definite keeper and one possible, the latter I have identified the former well that's a different story is it Murano? I don't think so,  is it  Whitefriars? seems too straight, is it Skrdlovice,libochovice,Frantisec Visner its kinda similar, but whoever or wherever it came from I keeping it cause I like it. I like the masculinity of it, and to me it was worth the £3.50. So if anybody has any info

Thanks
 p.s its just over 5 inches tall and quite heavy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Alsretro

• Members
    • Scotland
    • My Ebay items
Re: This is too frustrating
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
Possibly not much help but we have an amber version of this that has remnants of what has been a silver label. Maybe someone will recognise the label shape from the few bits left - there are some clever people here.  :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tony H

• Members
    • http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/index.php?cat=10002
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »
uraniumsteve I have a piece very much like yours only smaller thought you might like to see. Sorry no ID  it is 2½" high by 3" square and weighs 690gms the base on yours looks like the base on mine, is it ? does not react to UV

Offline uraniumsteve

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »
Hiya Tony and Alsreto

The more I look into this the more I am leaning to czech glass. Yes Tony it is similar but your base pattern is much larger than mine. Cheers for that picture Alsreto I am sure during all the hours researching this I have seen a Sklo union sticker resembling that shape and colour but can I find it now like heck as like. Thanks for both your input though. Hopefully Ivo will be able to enlighten us.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 11:33:38 PM »
Ivo commented in the earlier topic about Tony's piece here:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,32216.0.html
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk