No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: id request for ruby 'triform' bowl.  (Read 567 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
id request for ruby 'triform' bowl.
« on: June 25, 2010, 09:22:30 PM »
Very deep rich ruby colour - beautifully ground and polished pontil mark - about 5.5 inches across, and I would hazzard a guess that it has some reasonable age  -  perhaps 30 - 50 years.   I'm thinking possibly Scandi., but that is really only a shot in the dark, and I think the shape is called 'triform'.   Would love to hear from anyone if they have any ideas please, and thanks for looking.  cheers.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: id request for ruby 'triform' bowl.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:24:47 PM »
I'm probably way off here, but I thought this was possibly Sowerby or Nazeing perhaps :-\
I'm sure this has been on here somewhere before. Modified to add forget that completely, as the base is different, sorry.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 10:44:24 PM »

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 08:30:49 AM »
thanks to both of you.   Although there are obviously some design differences between my piece and the one shown by Otis, I get the feeling that the 'ribbed' outer surface - the depth of colour and thickness of glass do indicate the same stable.   This ruby is truly stunning, and thanks Chris for the link - I should have remembered something as recent as February :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand