No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fostoria Celestial Plate  (Read 3681 times)

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
Fostoria Celestial Plate
« on: December 03, 2005, 04:37:55 PM »
Via e-mail from Tropics42

My main problem is that when I registered I didn't get an email so I could log in. I registered again with a different ID and email addy and had the same problem, can you help me?

I'm trying to identify this dish below.

I think it might be Fostoria Celestial Plate, but those seem to be 11 or 11 1/2" and this one is only 9 1/2". I have 2 of these, exactly alike. I've seen only 1 other like mine on the net, but they don't know the mfg. either.

Can you give me some help with either problem or both preferably,
 thanks J.S. San Diego, California, USA
Pete

Offline butchiedog

• Members
Fostoria Celestial Plate
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 08:43:12 PM »
Here is a site which covers that glass pattern pretty good,

http://www.pixclix.com/glassproject/patterninfo.asp?ID=21

but maybe they should have added the following...

Fostoria, the original glass company never made items in the "Celestial" pattern. Only the Federal Glass Company had ever made it before. All reproductions were made at the old Fostoria plant by Lancaster Colony (Indiana Glass) who owned the plant at the time and for awhile they were marking and selling their Celestial reproductions under the Fostoria name for some reason or another.

Going by the color of your piece, which matches the small bowls shown on the site;  I believe Lancaster Colony (Indiana Glass) made it for Tiara Exclusives.

Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand