No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano/chinese or other vase id please  (Read 503 times)

Offline Margi

• Members
Murano/chinese or other vase id please
« on: July 04, 2010, 08:50:49 PM »
Good evening again

I have this lovely vase of which is quite heavy for its size.  It is not perfectly proportioned in that it is slightly  taller on the back than the front.  It is green and looks to be cased or is that just the thickness of the glass.  Fine wavy lines of every kink has a perfectly positioned tiny air bubble.  Flat polished base.  Is this the likes of Italy or China or someone else.  I love it wherever it is from  :)

Thanks in advance
Margi

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Murano/chinese or other vase id please
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 09:49:50 PM »
Sicily it seems...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 06:47:43 AM »
Thanks Ivo just translated that.  Can I ask what is the logo on the bottom or is that non related.  Obviously it explains about the type of materials and the craftmanship but how do we know it is sicily is that what the logo reads or you just know with your vast knowledge?  Looking again after reading that maybe it is tiny blobs of silver on the kinks not tiny air bubbles - time to get the magnifying glass out I think.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 07:07:44 AM »
Just google CREARE and you'll find the info. There are several locations, but the glass is in the industrial estate in Catania.  When I found this bottle it had the most gddmnwfl pewter misery glued to it - the combination of priceless and age old techniques they are on about.

Creare Art Collection S.R.L. 41, Via Pilata Mezzocampo, Misterbianco, CT 95045 Italia - no website as far as I can see.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Margi

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 08:47:54 AM »
Thanks again.  I have had a look through some sites but as the word Creare I think translates to create it is very difficult.  There is a site Creareitalia.it but cant access as needs a password blah blah blah.  All the business directories I have been into also say no web address supplied.  I dont give up that easily. 
Incidentally I was actually looking at a freeform Daum piece or Doom as the French pronounce it when this bottle caught my eye. Having asked the price and haggled I walked away a happy lady only having paid 4euros a total bargain in my eyes.
Right back to the web address ....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand