No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vase + stripes and bubbles - possible Chribska Hospodka question  (Read 1933 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Question please - no pics - stripes and bubbles
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 10:07:01 PM »
oooh, going through old posts and clicked on a link of solved that Boba had linked to Jindrich's site on something else and came across this, scroll down to 5th section/vase down I think it is?
is this the same technique?  My Czech is severely limited to nothing but is it by Hospodka for Chribska?

http://www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo/8-ZEPTEJTE-SE-QUESTIONS/15-Vyresene-solved-issues

scrolling down there is a further vase there with a criss cross of stripes which again is Hospodka for Chribska and looks to be a similar technique?
Jindrich I hope it is ok to use these links? and thanks again for such amazing pics and the link :sun: 
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Question please - no pics - stripes and bubbles
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 06:36:04 AM »
You put your whatever it is on the marver in stripes and then you roll your initial gob of glass carefully over it. Then you apply the outer layer. It may be that the pink is a thin bubble blown into the other two layers. It's not complicated; it just needs a lot of care and skilful manipulating.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Vase + stripes and bubbles - possible Chribska Hospodka question
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 05:24:29 AM »
I checked on Ivo's Skrdlovice suggestion, and certainly Palacek used bubbles in this style. It would take bOBA or Jindrich to confirm or deny, though. Here's the piece that got me thinking:

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 09:01:40 AM »
One thing is sure - the piece is not Skrdlovice.

It should be Chribska and Josef Hospodka, but I have not proof for this shape, so nothing is sure.
Hospodka designed in middle of 60ties several pieces with soda stripes and ornaments (see picture) not only in displayed colours.
I still have not complete Chribska catalogues or pattern books so I cannot help more.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskloslovenskesklo

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »
Christine, a great explanation thanks.  Ivo, David, thanks to you both -  I did search Czechoslovakian initially before posting and couldn't find anything  but I'm glad to feel I wasn't far off base in my first thoughts. Feel like I am learning something as time goes on  :)  I did go back to Skrdlovice after you suggested it Ivo and found similar vases to the one you posted David, in some exhibition pictures (I think??) that Jindrich had put on a while ago - however ones I saw were too far away to get a good look but were graduating to dark pink at the top.
Jindrich many thanks for replying :) I appreciate it.  One of those you posted  was one I found on your site which led me to think it may be Hospodka for Chribska, but I couldn't tell if the decor was truly the same.  They are really beautiful shapes.  I hope you do come across mine in your researching. 
thanks again
m

Offline david31162

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 08:19:27 PM »
How strange!!
 I'm at this very moment uploading a similar vase to my photobucket page. Thought I'd have a look on this forum while I was waiting.
I'll upload it in a minute
David

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 06:47:17 PM »
Following on from Jindrich's earlier attribution, I just clicked on a link that Astrid put on another post , to Jindrich's Chribska catalogue pics and I think I've found the page now?  The vases seem to be Josef Hospodka, Chribska 1986.  :hiclp:  Thanks again to Jindrich for sharing such invaluable information   :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/CHRIBSkA1999?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjbrouFiseK2gE#5435068743752357698
m

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 06:38:23 AM »
Well done,
so we have also pattern number 467/1/3, Josef Hospodka, Chribska 1986.
We Czech say: more eyes can see more :-)

So we can tick one isse as solved. Thank you

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »
thank you also, without the catalogues being online I would never have found out who designed and made this  :)
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand