No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Purple/Blue Glass Vase Chalet Glass Or Baroviar  (Read 3534 times)

Offline BJB

• Members
Purple/Blue Glass Vase Chalet Glass Or Baroviar
« on: December 05, 2005, 03:18:31 PM »
Hi All,

Another one of my finds during my mammoth clean, its amazing the things I thought I had lost and now I have found so its done me some favours!!! :D

This one is purple with blue edges and has sticky out wing bits (looks like sommerso and Murano to me but I have learnt that nothing is what it seems :oops: ). The base has been ground flat and has alot of wear on it and it stands 8" tall.

http://tinypic.com/i6f58z.jpg.

Its not wonky its my wonderful photo technique :?

Barbara

Mod: The images from this thread have vanished. If you started this thread and you still have the pictures, please let the moderators know so that we can restore them. To add pictures to your posts permanently, the GMB recommends either using the 'attach' facility when posting, or using The Glass Gallery. See the GMB guide to adding pictures to your posts for more.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Re: Purple/Blue Glass Vase Chalet Glass Or Baroviar
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 03:34:24 PM »
Quote from: "BJB"

Its not wonky its my wonderful photo technique :?

Barbara

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Quote of the day award Barbara   8)

Glad you posted this one, as I have an identical one but in an amethyst/green colourway, so will be interested to see what people say.

Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 10:20:15 PM »
Hi Anne,

The kids are always moaning that the pictures on the wall are wonky, trouble is they look straight to me, so I think it must be my eyes   :lol:

But I am awful at making straight vases look lopsided, and I have listed some on ebay and had people asking if the vase has a slant, and I've had to say no its just my photo :oops:

Still no one going to give us an opinion yet, I think they must be ultra rare :wink:

Barbara

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 10:44:50 PM »
My gut feeling is Bohemian.  The colours seem wrong for Murano.....but we shall see :shock:   Hopefully EXTREEEEEEMLY RARE :!:

p.s. Your pictures look pretty good to me 8)

Regards - Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 10:47:59 PM »
Hi Barabra,
I am getting a bit better at this, I think :roll:

Is this your vase?(the colourway is the same at least)

http://www.mandruzzato.ve.it/ProdPerFoto_Eng.asp?IDFoto=50&Cat=50

Hope so.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 07:44:13 AM »
Hi Della,

You are a star :D  that first one is it.

So it is Murano but have never heard of the company before, but the prices are pretty steep!

Means that a lot of geometric vases will have to be "re-named" as Poli they are not :lol:

Barbara

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 08:33:59 AM »
Happy to be of help Barabra.  :lol:  :lol:  It is nice to give something back after all the help and suggestions that I have received from the members here.
It is also nice to know that my brain is still holding onto information that I have read somewhere :?  :idea:
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 08:35:59 AM »
Hi Barbara

I think the 'petals' on the top of your vase are different from the vases on the site Deltab offered.  The ones on the site seems more defined, and slightly longer...to my eyes  8) anyway - I could be wrong.

I'd just say be careful before you nail any vase down definitively to a maker, because once any company made a popular style, it was copied by others hoping to cash in.   :?
I am not a man

Offline BJB

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »
Hi Max,

Its my photographic skills again, I have just looked at the vase again and its in the "same style" as the 3rd on along, (blue/green) when the top is turned the right way round :oops:  and is facing the same way as the photo.

You are right about saying who made the original,as the square vases on the same site show, it would be so much easier if things were signed or had their labels on.

On the other hand just think how boring it would be as well :roll:  I think that is why I like collecting glass so much, the highs and lows make it so addictive, as does the thrill when an unknown piece is finally identified :D

Barbara

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 09:00:17 AM »
Hi Barbara,
Maybe you could email them a photo and ask if it is one of their products. The grandson now runs the company, making the same wares as his grandfather did, but in his own style, hence a few differences. At least then you will know one way or another.

info@alessandromandruzzato.com

Just a thought :wink:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand