No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Peter Holmes making a 4 colour Marbrie  (Read 1851 times)

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
Peter Holmes making a 4 colour Marbrie
« on: July 26, 2010, 09:00:06 PM »
Had the huge pleasure of visiting Peter and Andrew last week.  Being a collector of Selkirk and Peter's work it was about time!

Whilst there, he made a 4 colour Marbrie for me and I thought maybe some of you would like to see some pictures of him at work.

Frank, if you (or anyone else for that matter!) is interested I have a video of him doing it, and one of Andrew making a classic abstract weight as well.  They are large (both around 1.5Gb).  Sure I could work out some way of getting a copy to you if interested for the site, personal interest, etc.  Last 6 pics are screenshots from the video....

Ian

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
Re: Peter Holmes making a 4 colour Marbrie
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:57:43 PM »
Ian,

Gosh!! I am sooo jealous  :mrgreen:. I am a Peter Holmes and Selkirk fan, too :rah:. I also sing the praises of Andrew Holmes whenever I can (I own a very cute fish weight by him).

I wanted to buy a marbrie from Peter at the Broadfield museum during the PCC exhibition, but someone else snatched the only one available before I had even had a look... So I will have to do like you: visit and watch him make one for me....

In the meantime, could you post a picture of the two finished weights for all of us to enjoy? (and so that I feel even more envious...).

Many thanks for the pictures.

SophieB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 07:52:44 PM »
Frank, if you (or anyone else for that matter!) is interested I have a video of him doing it, and one of Andrew making a classic abstract weight as well.  They are large (both around 1.5Gb).  Sure I could work out some way of getting a copy to you if interested for the site, personal interest, etc.

I certainly would be interested (thank you for the offer!) - with 3GB alltogether, burning it on a DVD might be the easiest solution. I would have to talk to colleagues then, in order to reduce resolution (and consequently file size), before it can be put online.

Wolf
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Offline alpha

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:40:20 PM »
I'd love to get a copy too for viewing pleasure and to use at a club (Delaware Valley Paperweight CLub) meeting. If possible, I will PM my address.

Offline Derek

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 08:55:57 PM »
Hi Ian

I would love a copy to add to the PCC archive video collection where it could be seen by our members.

I already have a video in the archive of both him and Andrew working at their studio making two abstract weights,
a rather attractive pansy weight pictured below - which I now own !  and a super monart style vase.

As Wolf suggests by far the easiest way would be to burn the two files onto DVD's

Best regards

Derek

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:43:50 PM »
Evening all.  Just coming back to this thread.

I now have the weight, and it is stunning, will post some pics when the weathers ok.

As for the video footage, I will be at the Cambridge Glass Fair, so if anyone is going, I can bring it along on laptop/portable hard drive. Question is, is anyone going to be there that a. wants it and b. can bring a laptop to take a copy?

Ian :)

Offline Derek

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 08:40:06 AM »
Hi Ian

I will be in Cambridge on the Saturday but unfortunately cannot make the glass fair  ^-^

Do you have the video on your laptop? If so what is the size of the file as I could post a memory stick to you to dump it out too.

Send me a PM with your address if you can do it this way.

Best regards

Derek

Offline alpha

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 01:55:36 PM »
Me too. I can post a memory stick as well if you'll PM your address to me. Thanks.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »
Feel free to email me, reomving the obvious anti spam additions....

ianm    AT   partygaming  DOT com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand