No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Question about Harrtil glass  (Read 836 times)

Offline ryl2468

• Members
Question about Harrtil glass
« on: August 24, 2010, 04:31:11 AM »
Hi everyone.My question is in relation to Harrtil glass.Was Harrtil glass also made in the blue colour.If so does it belong to a particular range and if so what is the name of that range.I know for example there was the Albatros range.In terms of the different colours or ranges were all the different colours or and ranges produced in similar quantities.Thanks in advance.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Question about Harrtil glass
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 05:00:20 AM »
Hi:

Albatross is a quite different line as there's no net contained in the glass. It was designed by Metelák at Harrachov, though. Mark Hill  names three designers for various Harrtil-based designs, and there could be more. Also, it's quite possible that some pieces were produced at factories other than Harrachov. Blue was a colour used, as well as other colours. I don't think any of designs had names other than Harrtil. Some styles are found more often that others, so I presume they were produced in different quantities.  I've got a little bit of weakness for Harrtil so I have a few pieces. I think my pieces would give you some idea of the range of possibilities. You can see them at http://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove/HarrachovInclHarrtil?pli=1&gsessionid=1LQg3Ap9piy-dnpQJuZYYw#

I hope this helps.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ryl2468

• Members
Re: Question about Harrtil glass
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 05:48:36 AM »
Thanks very much David.I really like your Harrachov collection.The glass almost alive and of course the design is very simplistic.Thanks for showing the photos.The blue that I'm talking about is listed as number 273 in your collection.I also like Harrtil glass but it isn't easy to come by.My rule of thumb when collecting is that I need at least a trio of any given design.A group of three always looks better.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand