No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: request for id for blown red vase  (Read 414 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
request for id for blown red vase
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:21:10 AM »
I'm not overly hopeful of an attribution for this vase - which I am describing as mould blown (?) - or could it be free blown.   7 inches/180mm tall, with the rim ground/polished and slightly bevelled - plus couple of air bubbles, so maybe quality not that high.  There are very feint 'manufacturing lines' which run around the piece - some more noticeably than others.  Some reasonable wear on the base, which might indicate 40 years plus worth of age.  I had a feeling that this 'lipped' style of foot was something I had seen previously, but now don't really remember where.  Internally the cavity does extend very slightly into the foot.   If anyone does have any ideas I would be grateful to hear, and thanks for looking. :) 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand