No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: US Art Deco glass link- Ruba rhombic  (Read 3881 times)

Sklounion

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
US Art Deco glass link- Ruba rhombic
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 10:23:41 PM »
Oh to own a piece of, I don't care what color. Terry

Sklounion

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:38:46 PM »
Hi Terry,
I just stumbled onto this.
So who was the designer, coz this did not magically appear in the Fort Pitt Hotel, Pittsburgh, in 1928..... Who was Reuben Haley, background, training, coz this is stunning stuff, and comes in advance of the US streamline stuff we are more familiar with....
I don't want a piece, but you US folks, its your heritage, find it, collect it, methinks it is seriously good stuff......
Regards,
Marcus

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 12:16:48 AM »
Marcus, The book "Phoenix & Consolidated Art Glass 1926-1980"  has Reuben Haley's obituary which is quite interesting. I will give just a short version here. He was born in 1872 and died in 1933. He started as a die maker for a silver firm, then worked for Pairpoint. He then worked for Fostoria Glass company, from there he designed for various glass companies until 1911 when he became chief designer for United States glass company and remained about 15 years. After that he became an independent designer and worked for various company including Consolidated where Ruba Rombic was produced in 1928. His son Kenneth Haley  also became a designer.
Ruba Rombic is one of those things you dream of finding in a price you can afford. Terry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand