No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID help with huge cased glass vase  (Read 687 times)

Offline HAZYNANA24

• Members
ID help with huge cased glass vase
« on: September 25, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »
Any ideas on who could have made this 7.5kg cased glass vase. The pontil is ground & polished & the vase was bought in Italy in the 60s although I have been told it could be a one off Whitefriars.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline HAZYNANA24

• Members
Re: ID help with huge cased glass vase
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:54:32 PM »
Hiya the vase really is 7.5kg in weight it stands 8 & a half inches tall & measures 8 inches across the bottom, 4 & a half inches across the top & the glass at the top is 3 quarters of an inch thick & it gets thicker on the way down just the clear glass at the bottom is about an inch & a half thick. It's really hard to get a good pic of it but I've tried to add on of it next to an apple to give an idea of the size.
Cheers
Hazel:)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: ID help with huge cased glass vase
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »
Well I am still surprised  by the weight.  I own a HUGE piece of Full Lead Crystal Cullet measuring 9.5 inches long, 5 inches tall and about 5 inches wide, absolutely SOLID crystal and that weighs ONLY 5 Kilos!!!   :spls: :spls:

Sorry, no idea about your vase though! :cry:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand