No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Czech  (Read 923 times)

Offline singingyamada

• Members
Re: Is this Czech
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 09:30:35 AM »
Hmmmmmm   and neither ashtray nor dish. I have been going through glass glossarys trying to find key words to describe it.;) Thanks for the input.  The lady at the oppie said there were " millions" of them in the 60's because they were very popular which makes me think Japanese, which isnt bad as I like Japanese  retro porcelain,

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 09:42:21 AM »
The Japanese glass industry is quite old and the stuff is often good quality. It's just that little is known about it. By Japanese retro porcelain I take it you don't mean modern Japanese porcelain in an older style (retro = backwards) but Japanese porcelain from the 1950s and 1960s.

It's a dish or centrepiece and probably purely decorative.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline singingyamada

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 09:56:54 AM »
Thanks for that.  I like early 60's japanese porcelain. the madfe some really nice stuff, subtle , not in your face or too flowery.  I like the dish .  Its heavy and I like the colour and the way it still seems to move.  time for bed. I am getting too deep.  cheers :sleep:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand