No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Orrefors Ingeborg Lundin Ariel Vase  (Read 1907 times)

Offline heliconia

• Members
Orrefors Ingeborg Lundin Ariel Vase
« on: November 19, 2010, 07:04:29 PM »
Hi,  Does anyone know when this lovely vase might have been made.  It is signed underneath "Orrefors Ariel nr 244K Ingeborg Lundin".  This is faintly scratched on - is this the usual way these vases are signed.  Is it a rare vase?  I have not been able to find this particular shape on the internet but have seen similar ones.  Any idea of value would be appreciated.  Thanks....Heliconia
Heliconia

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Re: Orrefors Ingeborg Lundin Ariel Vase
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 07:15:02 PM »
Hello, Welcome to the board. A pic of the signature would be helpful.... Also a pic from another angle, like above, to help us determine the actual shape...

I would add that it looks right, and the signature does not sound unusual.

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 08:09:36 PM »
A very lovely piece by a sought after designer. It was designed in 1961. It could have been produced at any time after this, but possibly in limited quantities that year.

In terms of value, it's very hard to say. It's not one of the usual Lundin pieces one sees, which may take the price up and or down. Obviously, it also depends on where you sell it, eBay giving you the lowest price possible. I can't imagine this selling for under $750. However, you need an expert to give you good advice on this. Daniel, a GMB member with a  vast knowledge of Orrefors,  could probably tell you and Bill Geary, who is a member her, is a fully qualified and very knowledgeable appraiser of Scandinavian glass.

It's a piece I'd love to own, btw.

David

PS The price would also depend upon the  country in which you sell it.
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline heliconia

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 08:27:38 PM »
Hi - Many thanks for the very quick replies......I am new to this message board and am still finding my way around it.  I am going to try and post a photo of the signature although it is very difficult to capture due to reflections.  I love the piece myself but it is the first Orrefors Glass I have purchased as I usually collect Victorian Pressed Glass.  Thanks again.  Heliconia
Heliconia

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:31:07 PM »
That's exactly what it should look like.

I was worried that this was your first piece of Scandinavian. How do you follow this?

An envious david
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline heliconia

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 08:41:31 PM »
I've always admired quality glass but cannot afford to pay very much.   This is  honestly the first piece of Orrefors I've been able to find and at an affordable price.  I'm posting a photo of the top to show the shape.   :sun:
Heliconia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand