No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Structured square vase with stylized flower - ID = Cesky kristal Chlum u Trebone  (Read 1348 times)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
It measures 27.8 cm high, 10 cm bij 10 cm. I've seen another one in Dusan's Picasa collection, but no ID attached, so I'm hoping anyone here might have a clue. It has two faint lines at opposite corners, probably from a mold, but it has a polished pontil mark as well.

My first hunch is German, because I've seen square bottle type vases from Wiesenthal, Klaus Breit that have a partly similar feel but this one is not close enough in shape or style to assume anything. Another possibility I think is Scandivian (probably because the flower is abstract and it because it's simple and elegant). And last, I guess there is a faint possibility that it's Czech, since it has some similarities to Chlum u Trebone that I've seen online, but the glass of  this piece is not very thick - can't compare since I dont have anything Czech in that style myself.

Any ideas welcome,

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Structured square vase with stylized flower - ID?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 04:03:23 PM »
Most but not all of the other stuff in that albums of Dusan's is Czech.... http://picasaweb.google.com/exat53/Q#
Circles seem to have been a theme for Jan Gabrhel for a while.

It will have been mould blown and then attached to a punty so that the rim could be hot finished, hence the polished out pontil mark. That doesn't help much with an id though.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 04:46:42 PM »
John is almost true, it is Cesky kristal Chlum u Trebone,  not Jan Gabrhel  but Stanislav Kral - pattern 12 517 from 1970, see
Glasrevue 1971/12

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 05:18:36 PM »
Ah, thanks so much, John and Jindrich!

My first piece of Chlum u Trebone, and ID'd so quickly too. And of course all this information is available in Jindrich's glasrevues online, but I still have to make time to go through all of them (and of course remember the shapes - I guess it will take a while).

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »
Hi Astrid,
without the database navigation system you cannot find relevant information in such huge amount pages that CGR presents.
I am working on such database system several years, never ending story....

I still have some gaps and missing issues, but I have an excellent message for all Czechoslovakian glass friends, I found a resource of complete CGR issues. It will cost me many hours of work, but I will put it together, I hope within few next months.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline astrid

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 05:52:08 PM »
Your work is extremely appreciated, and I'm sure not only by me.

Just by paging through some more glassrevues, a bit ashamed that I hadn't invested enough time in them yet, I think I found another ID for one of my vases! Just a minute, I'll have to dig up the old thread first, perhaps you can have a look in your glassrevue if the text has any more info on it!

The link to this thread (already in 'resolved Czech'): http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,33697.new.html#new

Astrid

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand