No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: er... I'm hoping this is what I think it is? cobalt blue Malta?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: er... I'm hoping this is what I think it is? cobalt blue Malta?
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 06:39:26 PM »
Great find , dont worry about the old fella , do you complain about his frocks ?
  well done  :hiclp: :chky: :mrgreen:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 06:57:56 PM »
Great find , dont worry about the old fella , do you complain about his frocks ?
  well done  :hiclp: :chky: :mrgreen:
:24:  :24:  and thank you :)

Sue, John, your pieces are gorgeous! 
Sue, I'm not really treading on your toes and I'm quite sure my little, but growing, 'collection' is nothing like as glamorous as your pieces. 
I also have other 'collections in my head', so really I just have an excuse at anytime to 'fit' whatever I see that I 'must have' into one of them.   :o
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »
Nothing wrong with a little 'mental agility' when it comes to justifying or cataloguing purchases. I only collect Harris Mdina and IoW before azurene, apart of course from stuff designed by Erik Hoglund. Oh, and then there are a few other Scandinavian bits and bobs lying around but far fewer than there used to be. Oh dear, then there is a growing collection of Dartington tableware.......
I consider myself lucky that a friend hoovers up all the Whitefriars that inadvertently jumps into my hands.

John

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 08:27:21 PM »
honestly John, compared to me that sounds very focussed  ;)  I have 'groups' which makes it easier to justify.... so I have Satin, now theres the Opaline, then I also have the bubbles (which seemingly encompasses makers from all over the world :o) then I have the 'justified for research' group which is a very wide group  ;D- and so on.  It's not good   >:D
m

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 11:49:04 PM »
honestly John, compared to me that sounds very focussed  ;)  I have 'groups' which makes it easier to justify.... so I have Satin, now theres the Opaline, then I also have the bubbles (which seemingly encompasses makers from all over the world :o) then I have the 'justified for research' group which is a very wide group  ;D- and so on.  It's not good   >:D
m

It most certainly IS good!! And don't you let anyone tell you otherwise,ff, I too have ever expanding groups....it is the only way!
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 12:04:42 AM »
Rosie I know you are right, it's just convincing my children and OH of that.  They honestly cannot see why I need 300 vases  :o - I mean, a girl needs choice right?  ;D  - p.s. the opal ring has just about paid for the vase  :rah:
m

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
I was only teasing about you treading on my toes m.  :-*
But I would be fascinated to see your bits, I'd love to show you mine, not that I have many pieces - just one shelf really. My criteria sort of shifted from MH towards "well i love and therefore need an excuse for this fabby bit of Sam Herman" and I'm allowed it because of his influence on MH, towards, "well i need bits from everybody Sam influenced and taught, just as examples, because they're all sort of related......."

I've somehow managed to allow a couple of bits of early American Studio Glass to creep in, despite my firm resolution that I was not going in that geographical direction.
 (the field stars to get so big I get lost, and there's far, far too much gorgeous stuff I can't afford. I don't even want to know it exists so that I'm not lost in unrequited lust....)

I just need to know now what colour of opal was in the ring. I don't much like white ones, but I adore both black and fire opals. I'm really pleased it covered the Fish for you.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand