No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Are these Georgian glasses?  (Read 984 times)

Offline scottmorris

• Members
Are these Georgian glasses?
« on: March 07, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »
I have a 8 of these glasses ,can anybody help me please identify them..They are georgian in shape ??

......I am new to this forum so any help/pointers/tips will be gratefully receieved...Scott...........

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff393/scottymorris/196.jpg
Scott ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ming

• Members
Re: Are these Georgian glasses?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:06:10 AM »
Quick answer is No.  
Wrong colour, style and foot. Just pick up any new glass at home and compare .
This glass  is so clear and white possible 1960/70 or even later. I bet you the foot has no pontil mark but clean and smooth.
First lesson in identify old glass is COLOUR. English old glass is always grey but that just means made before the 1920s not necessary very old.

Scott
It is very difficult to find a set of eight Georgian glasses. That should set the bell ringing.
 But the one next in the your photo look like much much older glass. If you put a photo of that one we shall be able to tell you. A photo of the base will be most helpful.
Never walk away from a bargain

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Are these Georgian glasses?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 07:33:37 AM »
Pictures against a plain, untextured background, including base and rim shots, without flash are always best (nice sun though). And we need dimensions.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand