No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Robert pics of my mstisov vase?  (Read 1546 times)

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
Robert pics of my mstisov vase?
« on: April 08, 2011, 10:24:11 PM »
 :hiclp: Hi Robert is this the one you meant?  It's got SUDER etched on the base, but I cant get a clear shot of it, will try again tomorrow.   So is it Valdimir Mika for Mstisov?  cheers steph ps. I'll start a thread with the green vases tomorrow.  :hi:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: Robert pics of my mstisov vase?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 06:07:30 PM »
Thx Steph,
it looks a lot like the Mika vase but I will check any sources I can find. I am interested to see the base shot, when you have time. My friend Jindrich I think has one of these, at least he has one of the V. Mika designed vases that this closely resembles... and I hope he will comment on this one when he sees the thread...

Robert (bOBA)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »

Hi Steph,

there are two pictures on Jindrich's excellent site of the Mika vase and yours certainly resembles it very closely:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/VladimirMika2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCN6Rpvy0-5nCXw#

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/ValdimirMika?authkey=Gv1sRgCLjIidHNyoauQA#

However, the word "suder" is not known to me. Hopefully Jindrich will have an opinion, it seems to be a surname locally, in the CZ Republic, perhaps a retail mark is possible? Seeing a clear photo may help as the way it is applied may suggest whether a business or a person put the word on the vase...... I have seen vases labelled with names denoting personal property or that of a restaurant etc...

But the vase looks a near dead cert for a Mstisov made Mika design,

Robert (bOBA)

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 02:28:55 PM »
Hi Robert, I've taken a few more pics, hope the name is clear enough in these.  I'm really pleased that Suder, is a common name in CZ at least it's in keeping with the vase being eastern european! It would be fantastic it Jindrich can throw more light on the matter. Thanks for your interest.  :hi: cheers steph.

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »
I am with Robert,
looks like Mika.

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
THx Jindra, from what you have said to me, Suder is unknown to you as a name... so that part remains a mystery, I am pleased you are pretty certain about the vase being designed by V. Mika. Sometimes it is difficult to explain the things written on the bottom of vases. I have seen inexplicable things written on some bases, 

Robert (bOBA)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand