No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unusual Glass Preserve Pot  (Read 675 times)

Offline jimbo1

• Members
Unusual Glass Preserve Pot
« on: May 02, 2011, 06:19:24 PM »
Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help, I picked up this preserve pot today and I have been trying to attribute a make. The pot seems to have quality about it stands 4 1/2" high and has a EPNS lid with the no25 next to it.

The pot is glass with blues and brown's and many seeded air bubbles.

Any help would be much appreciated so I can start my research.

Regards

James

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Unusual Glass Preserve Pot
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:30:17 AM »
I think it is very attractive  -  wish it was mine, at least for a while, and it has that look of being very interesting, perhaps.   Are you calling it a preserve pot because it has a hole in the lid for a spoon? (or does it still contain jam ;))  -  and I take it you don't have a spoon?        Regret that the EPNS won't help, probably, but wud have been of use had you descirbed the base, and said whether there is any wear or not (evidence of wear - or otherwise - can be very improtant in dating).

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand