No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Studio glass globe shape vase???  (Read 1700 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Re: Studio glass globe shape vase???
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 08:28:07 PM »
Lovely vase that new one john, As its an early piece im going to try and get a good representative collection of some of michael harriss early work would you have any advice as what too look out for and what sort of prices do earlier pieces sell for???have no idea of price or what too look for i guess i will start off with mark hills book and go from there!!Also are oyur albums all pieces youve owned or is it all stuff you still have? Its a vast collection of glass well nice regards daniel

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 09:26:55 PM »
Mark Hill's book is a must. Price may well depend on your luck, I paid a pound for this inside out vase: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,27152.0.html and considerably more for this fish vase: https://picasaweb.google.com/Johnmj100/EarlyMdinaGlass#5500445898715211602 which was found for sale online in America. It was still a 'good' buy even with import taxes as it's 'retail' value is double what I actually paid for it. I have never been so nervous waiting for a parcel to arrive.

Keep an eye on what sells on ebay and elsewhere, handle as much as possible at glass fairs etc. and try and avoid the places I go! ;D

I collect Mdina while Harris was still there and Isle of Wight up until the introduction of Azurene. Just for varieties sake :24: I also collect Erik Hoglund's designs. Then there is my soft spot for some Dartington glasses...... Most of the rest of the photos are old collections I have since sold or bits and bobs I have picked up to sell on.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 10:32:33 AM »
 >:( >:( >:(

No, no, NO, Bradbury - all the early pieces are for me and John and Suzy.  :smg:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »
ooohh :wsh: wish i had a friend who would sell/give me early mdina sue...lol...
I have fairly recently found a large stennett wilson floor vase like the angular one but about 10 times the size in amethyst in the hajdamach book he says there are only a few known in private collections so although i was going to keep i may sell it or swap for some early mdina/wight glass !!!!! only rare piece i got so would want a good price for it though lol xx

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand