No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pair Handpainted Vases  (Read 1621 times)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Pair Handpainted Vases
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 04:05:26 PM »
... Or have Kevin and Bernard determine the precise genus of flying duck!
Christine has done that very adequately, so that saves me from kicking off detailed debate ;D.

But I suppose I ought to put on my pedant hat and add ...

In the website for  Britannica.com, this page does seem to cover the distribution quite well - not that I personally know any different. So perhaps we could be looking at vases decorated in Iceland, or Mexico, or Canada, or Asia???

But if I were to question anything, I'd ask whether anyone knows of drake mallard (normally with pale dusty yellow bills and bright orange legs) which have the same shade of bright yellow for the bills and legs! Maybe that could point to a specific country or area. But serioulsy, artistic licence applies here, just as it does with the details of the herons on the vases lnked to by "dinklepip".

I'll say no more. ;D
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline azelismia

• Members
    • The Gilded Curio; a personal collection
Re: Pair Handpainted Vases
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »
they aren't the same factory as the one in the link you provided ( I do not think those are Heckert either). the quality of decoration is very different. I've seen similar to yours with a paper label reading Czechoslovakia. My guess would be a little home decorator shop with the blanks purchased from a bigger company. the stippled snow effect is what really makes me think that way.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand