No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Massive rectangular vase with two textured sides  (Read 570 times)

Offline pl79

• Members
Massive rectangular vase with two textured sides
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:53:08 PM »
I have a massive vase, textured on two sides but with some clear glass circles. 10 inches tall. The bottom is ground flat with marks that denote some age. I use it for putting flowers in! Looking at it today though I wondered who may have made it. I bought it at a fair a few years ago .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Re: Massive rectangular vase with two textured sides
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 04:59:17 PM »
It feels very German 60s-70s to me. I think I've seen it before somewhere, but I can't find it at this point, to confirm the origin.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pl79

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »
Thanks Astrid, I have not seen anything like it anywhere else. The clear glass circles act like magnifying glasses and give a lovely effect. There appears to have been a lot of skill used in creating them.
Lauretta

Offline Madam Medusa

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 09:33:16 PM »
I'm no expert but could it be Scandinavian as I recall seeing some similar pieces but can't remember where? But I shall certainly look into it  :wsh:
Never a truer word spoken in jest

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 06:57:01 AM »
Hi there,

I'm not quite sure how it's happened, but you seem to have enlarged the canvas on your picture? Either that or you've reduced the size of the selection and not the whole image?

Here are our guidelines and a how to guide for posting pictures on the GMB.  Hope it helps. :)

Offline pl79

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 02:07:22 PM »
Hi Cathy, thanks for the guidance I will try to do it that way next time I pload a picture. I think I must have reduced the size of the selection and not the whole image as you observed.
Thanks Lauretta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand