No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: large green aventurine fleck vase with handles  (Read 1884 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: large green aventurine fleck vase with handles
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »
this one has a label on the base stating  The Pier apparently £14.95 - the base also seems to be the same as yours Steve.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIER-TURQUOISE-COPPER-METALLIC-FLECK-DESIGNED-VASE-/110713132150?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Decorative_Accents_LE&hash=item19c7045476

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 03:35:00 AM »
I believe that Dale Tiffany imports the glass and most other products from China.....  I do not believe that he "manufactures" anything, but markets a lot and may do some final assembly of parts in the US.....

If I am not mistaken he has marketed and built an import company revolving around the last name of Tiffany.

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline sceaj

• Members
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 02:25:21 AM »
Tam Bam's post on fossilfly seems to match. The red one on your link shows the exact color scheme and a turquoise one on your older Fossilfly post is the same body shape, so  Dale Tiffany seems possible. I would prefer it to be Italian or Spanish or American, but even if it is Chinese, I think it looks nice. The aventurine part is hammered in an odd way, and the gray is strange, almost like a pottery finish. Thanks everybody for some very good hints and expertise

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 03:29:55 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8hfswXRyFw

The Video link above has a couple of interesting points:

1) At 50 secs, click Pause, then double click to step through frame by frame, bringing into view two blue and "brown" vases in the lower right corner of the image. I suspect the "brown" could be aventurine. Both vases have small loop handles at the neck and the one to the right seems to have the rounded loop shape as seen in the vase in this thread and other threads, including the Fossilfly one mentioned earlier.

2) At 1 minute 20 secs listen to the commentary about the modern art glass, where it is said, "... manufactured in our own facility in China ..."

Ok, these snippets are not conclusive proof of anything, and the blue-brown vases do not appear to have the obvious "pull ups" within the decor as in the other vases discussed. But taken as a whole I think there is enough there to make a good case for these mystery vases to be from the Dale Tiffany company and quite possibly made in China.

Perhaps an email to the company would settle the matter?

KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand