No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unusual Blown Glass Pot - i.d please  (Read 476 times)

Offline I love all Glass

• Members
Unusual Blown Glass Pot - i.d please
« on: September 12, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »
A very unusual glass pot, which is twisted arround and full of curves, standing on four feet which are ground flat and intersected by large polished pontil.  The lower section has a raised rim, also smooth and round, and the top section is the reverse and sits on top, also the top is cut flat and well polished. Weight is about 0.9kg and 15cm tall by 7cm at widest. Am lost as to maker, any i.d, thanks in advance.  Simon

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Unusual Blown Glass Pot - i.d please
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 09:58:59 PM »
Hi, unfortunately your pictures do not blow up sufficiently to be able to see the detail in the pot.  Is it iridescent at all?  are there trails of glass on it or knobbles of glass, or is it just a twisted version of a square pot if you see what I mean?
If you can enlarge at least the main one of the pictures that would help enormously.  I make mine 800x 600 somethings and that seems to work.
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline I love all Glass

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 08:13:30 PM »
Hello there, there is no iridescense, it is very knobly and tactile, I dont think it was ever uare, rounded all over and very clear, I have tried to upload 800x600 but wont let me, hope these work.  many thanks Simon I have tried to add larger pictures, within picture size, system wont let me, but thanks for trying.  Simon

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 11:17:07 PM »
It's not actually the width / height of the picture that is the problem. It's the Kb size, which has to be 125Kb max.

An image with little detail can be 800 x 600 pixels but less than 125Kb (of image data). But a same-size image with more detail will have a greater Kb size because of more data.

If you do not have an application that will optimise your pics to give a lower Kb size, can you at least reduce the width / height to produce a pic that is larger than your orignals but is 125Kb or less?
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand