No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: request for help.  (Read 536 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
request for help.
« on: September 17, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »
I'm getting a headache looking, but am sure I remember a thread some time in the past 7 - 10 days regarding a  Victorian style handled dish/basket  -  something to do with attribution etc., but for the life of me now can't find it.    One of the most recent to post on this was Glen.    Anyone know where I can find it please?? :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: request for help.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
Sign in, find a post of Glen's and click on Glen's name, this will take you to Glen's profile where you can click 'show all posts' and search for the appropriate post. I have had a look and did not see anything with handles in the last 10 days.....

There is a link in this thread though to some handled stuff, here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,42993.msg240332.html#msg240332

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 09:01:27 PM »
many thanks John  -  and I think it was indeed your link that I had been looking at, which included pictures of handled baskets.    Sometimes I get confused, especially if I've spent a lot of time on the board  -  I forget exactly where/when/what I've been looking at - it's terrible when you get to 39 ;)
I do have a vague idea of how to search profiles and look for subjects etc., but thanks for reminding me.           The reason for all this waffle was that today I picked up a u. handled basket with a lozenge mark, and thought it was to do with Glen Thistlewood's link   -  however, obviously not, as those are all C20 designs.    Mine is Henry Greener, from Jan. 1870 - rather nice.   Has a vine and grape pattern, so I assume you laid your bunch of grapes on the basket.    thanks again.   :)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 09:10:05 PM »
I understand the confusion thing. :D

Clicking on search brings up this page: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?action=search

Here you can perform searches by a particular user, or perform searches in a given time period (e.g. last 10 days) and/or both of course... ;D

I tried Glen's posts with keywords like basket and handle but no results in the last ten days so switched to searching via the profile.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 08:03:07 AM »
having created all this fuss over my basket, will now post for general interest in the 'British' section.      I do use the search facility on occasions, although like yourself, I don't always get the results that I consider I should :)              I notice also that the spell check is not infallible  -  and since I'm a crap speller, find myself minimizing a post, so that I can pause and use the internet dictionaries.    Obviously, there are a lot of people for whom that infallibility doesn't matter anyway ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand