No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green lobed bowl, whitefriars?  (Read 871 times)

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
Green lobed bowl, whitefriars?
« on: September 21, 2011, 01:35:27 PM »
Hi, I found this lovely green bowl on the car boot today for £2. It has six lobes, is 9 and a half inches across and four inches deep. It does have some wear on the bottom. Its quite thick and heavy. I did test it under UV light as it looks like uranium glass but its not. I had an ice blue vase with a very similar base which I knew for sure was Whitefriars, it very sadly got smashed when we had a new boiler fitted.  :cry: I have looked at the Whitefriar catalogues but admit to getting confused. I found similar but not quite the same. Any info would be lovely.   Thanks Cheryl

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
Re: Green lobed bowl, whitefriars?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »
Could be a 9335 can I see a picture from above of it bottom up. Or a side profile either should help to identify it.

Does it look like this from the side?

http://whitefriars.com/isit_contents.php?ID=2436
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 07:16:57 AM »
Hi, my bowl is flatter than the one shown, but very similar. Hope the new picture helps.   Cheryl

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 07:40:13 AM »
Ellis Burgh (Kosta Boda) made a very similar bowl.  I have Citrine one but it is due to be photographed(one day some day).  It does have a very fine marking Bxxxx not particularly obvious.  I think the pattern is called Fleur but I am not at all certain about that.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 10:50:37 AM »
A bit elusive the 9335 only appeared in the 1954 catalogue and no one has a copy a photo in the Jackson book page 131 plate 134 I sold a sapphire one a while since and it's not the same shape I have the same bowl in amber and have never been able to pinpoint it to a particular pattern.
Photo here to compare.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_8EoHdqwa9o/Tf3XoLtvYEI/AAAAAAAANhA/uhEahLPukXs/s640/SDC15011.JPG

more photos here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107067405711297858658/AmberLobedBowlWhitefriars#5619884995367624770

Chris

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »
Hi Chris, your amber bowl is exactly the same shape as my green one, I think I'll keep it as its so nice. Thanks for info,   Cheryl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand