No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Smoky amethyst random bubble bowl folded rim polished pontil who made this??  (Read 338 times)

Offline charliepedro

• Members
Hi ppl,

Does anyone know who might have produced this lovely bowl? I would make a very vague and entirely uninformed guess at Nazeing but perhaps you know better...
The rim has been carefully folded under, creating extra thickness and uniformity, though saying that, the rim is left far from uniform in terms of thickness which varies considerably from one side to t'other. Strangely enough, the bubbles though random to some extent have a sort of balance and symmetry. Pontil mark has been carefully ground out and polished as per pics. Diameter is just shy of 10'' with base diameter of 3.25'' - it weighs 730 grams.
Hope someone can kindly enlighten me.

Cheers, Charlene  :sun:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline charliepedro

• Members
Beg pudding - put same 2 pics on. here goes.....

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Recent and possibly Polish, I have been buying these for my father when I see them, some have SIA stickers on them.

Are you hiding part of that rim because it is not folded like the rest of it? >:D

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline charliepedro

• Members
Haha,

Cheers John - not intentional, you know me I'm scatty like that.......banging on about the rim and then don't even include a good pic of it! Oops  :-[
Will add a pic later for interest - thanks for the suggestion on origin, happy to pass the bowl your way for owt if you like, only cost me a quid ;) Let me know B... Charlene

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand