No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed amber vase  (Read 344 times)

Offline bablo

• Members
    • glass-wiki.net
Pressed amber vase
« on: October 09, 2011, 09:43:50 PM »
Hello there,

I've had this amber vase in my collection for quite some time now. I bought it here in the Netherlands. It's very likely pressed, but shows no line or rim to prove it. It's very "art deco", made of solid lead crystal with a beautiful amber color. When the vase catches sunlight, the effect is stunning (see 2nd picture). It's a quality product, for sure.

Still I got no clue where it comes from. The likely candidates for me were Luxval, Bernsdorf or Walther, but it's neither of those. I'm pretty sure it's not dutch, belgium or french. Could be german, czech or even scandinavian... but as I said, I honestly have no clue.

Anyone that has one? A clue about this vase, I mean :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
Re: Pressed amber vase
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:48:47 PM »
I can't help you but just wanted to say what a lovely vase!  Beautiful light reflections.  I hope you find  your answer!
Nancy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand