No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: large Lime green jug, raised pattern, white internal casing, clear celery twist  (Read 456 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Hi all
stuck on this one
Made on a 4 part mould (4 lines run up the entire body although not visable on the base).
White casing with a lime green exterior, with a raised textured pattern. On the neck it also has a wobbly line raised pattern.
The applied clear handle is a celery twist.
The rim is heat finished I believe as it has a rounded feel, which is uneven.
The base is smooth and concave with an uneven curved line (heat treated pontil mark?). There is a fair amount of wear to the base
I would guess between 1950-1970, possibly Scandi? but have no real idea on country or maker. Anybody have any idea's
many thanks
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Michele for some reason that reminds me of Empoli pieces I've seen although I'm not sure about the handle, mine are not twisted :-X
Love the colour  :)
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Now you say that, I think you may be onto one  :smg:, Quality is fairly good, other empoli stuff ive had has always been not so great, but I am sure like most places they have the good and bad for differing pocket sizes
cheers
michelle

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
a bobbly one has been on the board before - and I'm dredging memory here but for some reason I think Japan was the source for one perhaps :-\ and possibly Stelvia Empoli for another.
It reminds me of my snowflake glass a little.
I'll try and find a link - link to  the snowflake vases here with one with a label right at the end of the thread.
I'll try and find the bobbly vases as well as the decoration seems to be in the clear overlay on yours.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,8845.msg74753.html#msg74753
m

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
The seller I added the link to has one the same as mine but with 2 handles in the blue I think. They Have a few nice pieces listed actually most of which correctly Identified
Thanks M
michelle
M The chap also has the vase in your link. Would say almost definatly Stelvia Glassworks then

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand