No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: piano insulators  (Read 10164 times)

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
Re: piano insulators
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 09:23:11 AM »
Just for show,  and sorry for changing the subject, some images of the stained glass windows and door, they go all the way to the ceiling at 12 Ft and cover one side of the hall... it dates from around 1900 and it's every time a challenge to clean them. Both radiators in the hall have a  narrow windows above them (pic 1&4) and the fan-shaped window is above the door (pic 3).

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 09:41:39 AM »

To the best of my knowledge, I don't recall seeing any on the GMB of which it could be said categorically they definitely weren't made in the U.K.

These were definitely not made in the United Kingdoms.
The one on the left is - t.t.b.o.m.k. - made by VMC in Reims; the one on the right has "Déposé" embossed to underline its unenglishness.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 01:04:44 PM »
thanks to Anne for taking the time and trouble to post pix of her radiator supports and stained glass windows - which I would like to buy please ;) ;)  -  they look a lot better than the insulators Anne, and am sure most folk would love them. :)

thanks to Ivo for posting the unenglish insulators - very useful to have pix of those for the GMB archive since those that are posted here, usually, don't have Continental provenance. 
I don't necessarily know that we are the 'United Kingdoms'  -  the Scots want to leave their partnership with England and remain in the E.U. - the Welsh have slogans aimed at the English and worded along the lines of.... ..  "buy a holiday home (in Wales) and come home to a real fire   ....   the Cornish folk wish apparently to be a country of their own   ....   and Ireland remains as contentious as ever.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 01:36:48 PM »
There are still two kingdoms in the U.K., really.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 02:12:31 PM »
I love seeing stained glass still in place. I suspect the radiator feet are furniture casters rather than piano insulators from their shallow rims, as is Ivo's blue one. PC has clear triangular ones under a vintage gas stove she has (now known as a storage cupboard and plant stand)

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2016, 04:47:03 PM »
Thought I'd add mine to the mix, it says...K.H Thomas, Inventor Kidsgrove, all four are a bit rough  ::) ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand